When Is the Best Time of the Year For Safari Visit Tanzania
The Best Time to Go Tanzania for Safari are during the Dry season from late June to October. The best chance of seeing the wildebeest migration in the Serengeti is during June and July and the time to see the wildebeest calving is late January to February. The southern and western circuit parks are best visited during the dry-season (June to October), unlike the more popular northern circuit parks that can be visited year-round. Tarangire is the only exception, since its wildlife viewing is considerably better in the dry-season as well.
When Is the Best Time of the Year For Safari Visit Tanzania
When To Go for safari in Tanzania: Touring in Tanzania is all yearly around, however there are best month while others worth!
- From June to October and from December to March, these are the best time to visit Tanzania for safari due to being dry and animals visibility is high
- Late January to February is the Best Time to see the calving in the southern Serengeti. This is an excellent time to see predator action.
- But in between April, May and November land become wet due to rainfall and hence not recommend doing Safari.
- In Serengeti Park June to October is when great animals Migration occur while in between January and February is best season for Calving in Ndutu Plain.
- You will stay either in Lodges, Tented Permanent Camps or Mobile Camping.
- They also vary in level of luxury (Budget, Mid-Range or Luxury).
The current cost of a visa for US and Irish citizens is US $100 per person. Most other nationalities pay US $50 per person. These are available at the point of entry but must be paid for in U.S. dollars cash. Visas are also available from Tanzanian Embassies and Consulates in many countries. If you are entering Tanzania through Nairobi you are also required to have a visa for Kenya which may be purchased on arrival or in advance from embassies. There is a concessional “Transit Visa” rate for passengers simply transiting through Kenya.
Check with your doctor to get the current recommendations and advice. Anti malarial tablets are strongly recommended. Although the Kilimanjaro climb is often described as available to any reasonably fit person, the combination of strenuous exercise, cold and high altitude can have adverse effects. If in doubt please consult your doctor in advance. Tanzania requires that arriving persons carry proof of a valid yellow fever vaccination when they are arriving from an endemic area. This includes those who have first visited Kenya which is considered endemic. The vaccination must be administered 14 days before arrival.
Gears and Equipment
Clothes for safari should be light, comfortable and not too brightly colored. There is little or no requirement for anything formal. A light jacket or sweater may be needed in the evenings at higher altitudes such as the rim on the Ngorongoro Crater. Comfortable walking shoes are an essential, as is a hat to keep off the sun. Sunglasses and a spare pair of prescription glasses are also suggested. Don’t forget a swimming costume for use at the lodge pools.
Most people bring binoculars and/or cameras and video equipment with plenty of tape or film. Zoom or telephoto lenses are likely to be useful. Film is also available at most lodges/camps but can be expensive. Almost all lodges/camps including our private and shared luxury tented camps have power points to facilitate charging of digital cameras and laptops. Most of the better hotels and lodges will spray rooms and provide mosquito nets, but do bring your own insect repellent sprays.
Unique jungle Tours require that all clients arrange personal travel insurance to cover their medical, property and other personal risks for the duration of their safari.
Temporary one month membership of AMREF’s Flying Doctors’ Society may be purchased with your safari arrangements. This cover provides the services of light aircraft and skilled doctors for emergency treatment and evacuation to Nairobi during incidents resulting from accident or medical emergency in Kenya and Tanzania. This is supplementary to and not a replacement for a standard travel insurance policy.
Flights to Tanzania for Safar is something also important for any clients who wish to book for flight to Tanzania for safari. But the best way to get to Tanzania if you are coming from North America or Europe, we recommend flying KLM to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
If you are coming from Australasia, Emirates has the best deals and fly into Nairobi and Dar es Salaam daily. Kilimanjaro Airport is a one hour drive from Arusha while Dar es Salaam and Nairobi are a one hour flight or several hour buses rides from Arusha.
If planning a visit to Zanzibar or Pemba during your Tanzanian holiday, consider flying into Dar es Salaam and then flying to Kilimanjaro for your safari and climb. Zanzibar International Airport: located in historic Stone Town, the only airport on the island is served by flights from Nairobi and Dar es Salaam. Once you have arrived, take a taxi to your accommodation or enjoy the services of your hotel’s shuttle bus.
When you want to book for Tanzania safari, one of main considerations is about Price Cost of safari in Tanzania. However, How much does it cost to travel to Tanzania is common question to any client will become important topic to discuss before you decide to choose any safari package in Tanzania. The Cost for Tanzania safari and tours cover the number of issues early before and after being in Tanzania. but in simple illustration the price of your cost the following aspects which are important to consider before you book for any Tanzania Safari.
- Accommodation – is it Camping or Lodge? What is the level of luxury you see for? (Budget, standard, mid-luxury and Luxury?)
- Time of the year (season) – Am i travelling high season? (June to late October & December to February) or low season (March, April and May?)
- How many are you in the group? The large the group the lower the cost since many aspects will be shared by yourselves in the group.
- Which Parks are you visiting? for Serengeti, Ngorongoro, and Mount Kilimanjaro National parks the cost become higher as cost others
- The duration of safari – are you taking shirt trip or long trip?
However after booking your trip, you will able to get whole pictures about the cost and rates.